Medical marijuana facility opens in Laughlin, Nev.

The first ever medical marijuana dispensary in Laughlin, Nev., Nevada Medical Marijuana, opened on Dec. 12. Dispensary manager Jerad Telles told the Mojave Valley News that though four strains were on offer currently, the number was expected to grow, along with the size and scope of the dispensary.

“As the weeks go on, that’s going to exponentially increase. I imagine in a few weeks, maybe a month or so, we’ll have up to 20 strains. The Nevada (industry) is just developing. Everything is just getting up off the ground. Our manager has really big dreams for this company; we’re just taking flight right now,” Telles said.

With 26 workers already on hand at the dispensary, a number which is expected to increase, Laughlin is set to see a boost in local employment. Indeed, the sale of medical marijuana boosts state programs as well as local economies, with 75% of the taxes collected from the sale of the medicine in Nevada earmarked for education. The remaining 25% is set aside to cover the costs of the Nevada Department of Health and Human Service’s enforcement of the industry’s regulations.

Nevada Medical Marijuana is open Sun.-Thur., 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Fri.-Sat., 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.